Groundswell Community Farm believes in being a positive force in the community. Some of our current projects, partnerships and events include:
- Donating produce left after CSA or farmers’ market to local food pantries.
- In 2017 we hosted a number of community groups to include Meijer Gardens, Elementary School teaching events and farm tours.
- Partnering with the GVSU Sustainable Agriculture Project to help students learn about organic vegetable farming
- Partnering with Black River School to host a 2-week “Earth School” for students in late May 2017. This year we planted squash and set up our tomato fields!
- Speaking about farming at MSU Organic Farming Training Program, Calvin’s Peaceable Kingdom course, KVCC Sustainable Farming course and other local colleges
Farming in such a way that is environmentally, socially and economically viable.
- Offering farmworkers fair wages, diverse experience and good working conditions
- We grow certified organic produce, cover crop to maintain our rich muck soil quality, and are continuing to strive to a become a minimal tillage farm.
- A transparent food system.
- Buying locally means your supporting a local family and getting a higher quality of food both in taste and nutrition value!
- Offering discounts for low-income CSA members and farmer’s market customers who recieve food assistance.
- Accepting EBT, WIC, Project Fresh and Senior Project Fresh at farmer’s market and as CSA payments at the Fulton St. Market in Grand Rapids.